One Academic Year, Two Degrees
You can't find a better study-abroad opportunity than earning a Dual Master's Degree in Conflict Resolution and Mediterranean Security through our program with the University of Malta.
Faculty from Mason and Malta work together to create a program that will provide you with a depth of knowledge and understanding about the issues in that region of the world. The University of Malta's Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies has been offering advanced degrees in diplomacy and building bridges for 25 years. Explore the roots and impact of conflict in North Africa, the Middle East, and Central and Eastern Europe.
The program is held at the 400-year old University of Malta Valletta Campus, which blends old world architecture with state-of-the art instructional technology. The 13-month, full-time academic program confers two graduate degrees:
Priority deadline (for 2000 euro tuition discount consideration): February 1, 2021.
* tuition discount will be contingent on confirmation of enrollment by June 30, 2021.
Final deadline: July 15, 2021.
If You Live in the United States or Canada
Students from the United States and Canada must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university should apply through Mason before August 1, 2020.
Canadian applicants must also submit international transcripts, credentials, and evaluation information.
In addition to applying online, applicants must submit:
- Official transcripts
- A goals statement that answers the question: "How has your past prepared you to engage in conflict, and how will this program equip you for your future?"
- Two letters of recommendation
If You Live in Malta or Another Country
International students should apply through the University of Malta, before August 1, 2020, for entry in October. Officials there will review applications and make admissions notifications.
- A recognized bachelor's honors degree at second class or better is required for this program. (Students who hold an American undergraduate degree must have a B.A. or B.S in a relevant area of study). Submit two copies of official transcripts (in sealed envelopes from the institutions) from all post-secondary schools attended. These may be sent directly from the institution to the International Admissions Office, University of Malta, Mside MSD2080, Malta.
- Two letters of recommendation;
- A cover letter addressed to the Board of Studies (the letter supplements the application and should include a personal statement that describes your reasons for applying);
- Copy of Passport or government-issued identification card;
- A Secure English Language Test (SELT) score from one of the university’s approved examining boards, or a declaration from an official test center confirming a planned test date.You must verify that you satisfy the requirements.
Things to Know
Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution
University of Malta Valletta Campus and International Collaborative Programmes
There are limited scholarships available for this program through Mason. In addition, some organizations offer financial aid for graduate study abroad, including:
- Federal Student Aid
- U.S. Department of Education Study Abroad
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network
U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and military veterans can apply for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Mason's financial aid process might also provide some guidance.