Undergraduate Academic Advising
Forge Your Degree Path With a Team of Advisors
Your advisor can help you create an academic plan and identify enriching academic and co-curricular opportunities.
Our advisors help you stay on track to fulfill your degree requirements in a timely manner.
Come in at least once a semester to meet with an advisor and discuss your progress.
Meet with an Advisor to Discuss:
- Academic plans, registration, course recommendations, minor programs, and academic challenges.
- Campus opportunities such as student organizations, scholarship, fellowships, and special events.
- Career planning, how to build your résumé, and resources for locating jobs and internships.
Know Your Degree Requirements
It's up to you to check the university catalog for your degree requirements. Mason provides a computerized degree evaluation to help you through the process. You can access individualized reports through Patriot Web.
Make an Appointment
To make an advising appointment you may email an advisor or go to GMU SSC Campus. Follow these steps to make an appointment through SSC:
1. Log into gmu.campus.eab.com with your NetID and password
2. Click on "Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment" and select our former name, the "School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution."
3. Hit "next" and confirm the location as "School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution-Fairfax" before selecting the advisor you prefer to meet with. The Carter School does not have assigned advisors.
4. Identify the day/time you would like to meet with the advisor and confirm your appointment. You will automatically receive an email notification when the appointment is schedule and gain the morning of the meeting. You may also enter your cell phone number for a text reminder.
Leslie Durham is an Undergraduate Academic Advisor, Recruiter and Community Engagement Coordinator and the First Year Success Coach. Her advising focus is centered around student engagement, study abroad, coaching, degree completion, and veteran services. She is native from California, a 20+ military spouse, bilingual in Spanish, loves to dance, and explore the world.
Christie Jones is an Undergraduate Academic Advisor and the Field Experience Coordinator. Her advising focuses on internships, study abroad, independent study, and other field experience opportunities. Christie is a former “Foreign Service brat” who was raised in the Caribbean, Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Western Europe.
As the Director of Student Services, Jane's advising focus is around degree requirements, policy questions, and career application of the degree. She teaches the career prepatory course, CONF 314 and study abroad synthesis course, CONF 386. Jane is from the Midwest, loves hiking, live music, movies, and is always looking forward to her next road trip.