Your advisor can help you create an academic plan and identify enriching academic and co-curricular opportunities.
Our advisors help you stay on track to fulfill your degree requirements in a timely manner.
Come in at least once a semester to meet with an advisor and discuss your progress.
Meet with an Advisor to Discuss:
- Academic plans, registration, course recommendations, minor programs, and academic challenges.
- Campus opportunities such as student organizations, scholarship, fellowships, and special events.
- Career planning, how to build your résumé, and resources for locating jobs and internships.
Know Your Degree Requirements
It's up to you to check the university catalog for your degree requirements. Mason provides a computerized degree evaluation to help you through the process. You can access individualized reports through Patriot Web.
Make an Appointment
To make an advising appointment you may email an advisor or go to GMU SSC Campus. Follow these steps to make an appointment through SSC:
1. Log into gmu.campus.eab.com with your NetID and password.
2. Click on "Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment" and select our former name, the "School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution."
3. Hit "next" and confirm the location as "School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution-Fairfax" before selecting the advisor you prefer to meet with. The Carter School does not have assigned advisors.
4. Identify the day/time you would like to meet with the advisor and confirm your appointment. You will automatically receive an email notification when the appointment is schedule and gain the morning of the meeting. You may also enter your cell phone number for a text reminder.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues with the scheduling system.
Averi Jordan is an Advisor and Recruitment Coordinator. Her advising focus is all things admissions related including transitioning into the major, programs and opportunities at Mason, and student involvement. Averi loves assisting students in their academic journey and providing them with the resources needed as they move toward careers. She was born and raised in Texas and has loved exploring the northern Virginia area – especially all the great restaurants! Averi’s favorite pastimes are hanging with her friends, baking, or reading a fiction book!
Emma Klainberg is an Academic Advisor and Student Services Support Specialist. Her advising focus is around degree completion, graduate school, and co-curricular activities to supplement your academic career. Emma loves working with new students and helping them to find the resources they need on campus. She was born and raised in New York and recently moved to Virginia. She loves baking, a cappella, and is always open to recommendations of great food to try in the NOVA area.
As the Director of Student Services, Jane's advising focus is around degree requirements, policy questions, and career application of the degree. She teaches the career prepatory course, CONF 314 and study abroad synthesis course, CONF 386. Jane is from the Midwest, loves hiking, live music, movies, and is always looking forward to her next road trip.
Should a student have a grievance, available options for redress are outlined here. The George Mason University Bias Incident Report Form may be submitted with the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Multicultural Education.