Finish What You Started with the Carter School
Why Should You Transfer to the Carter School?
- The Carter School is #1 in the US for Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Study with your peers - 40% of the graduating class are transfer students.*
- Customize your education with a B.A. or B.S. Select one of seven different concentrations based on your interests and career goals.
- Transfer students receive the same educational and networking opportunities as incoming freshmen – in fact, many transfer students elect to take more than the minimum number or required courses!
- Personalized attention - small class size with an average class of 17 students.
- Learn transferable skills applicable to any industry: facilitation, communication, conflict resolution, research, cultural understanding.
- Stress-free class registration.
- Career prep & high employment rates.
- Receive hands on experience and real-world opportunities through internships, study abroad, and research with faculty.
- ADVANCE and GAA pathways available.
Undergraduate Programs Available
Carter Graduates Are Highly Competitive in The Job Market
A degree in Peace and Conflict Resolution is a pathway to a career in government, NGO, business, counseling, non-profit, advocacy, risk management, and environmental development.
Our graduates serve in a wide range of leadership roles in numerous organizations, including:
NOVA classes transferable into the Carter School
PLS 250 = CONF 101
MTH 245 (MTH 204/241) = STAT 250
PSY 213 = PSYC L300
CST 229 = COMM L305
Complete the language sequence at NOVA for B.A. language credit
Deadlines For Transfer Students
Fall Semester (Priority) and Financial Aid: March 1
Spring Semester: October 1
* 40% of the 2019 graduating class were transfer students, based upon a survey of the graduating class.