A Space for Peace and Reconciliation
Every day, the world sees new acts of violence, civil war, and malevolent conflict. We've never faced such urgent challenges and deep commitments to find productive solutions. With your help, Point of View can become a place where peace begins.
Set on 120 acres of pristine wooded land, Point of View, bordered by the Potomac River and by protected wetlands in Lorton, Virginia, is the only facility of its kind in the Washington area.
At Point of View, faculty and students join researchers and practitioners to resolve issues and continue peacebuilding processes. We host domestic and international talks, conferences, and problem-solving workshops, and offer a unique space of experiential learning for training future scholars and practitioners.
We want to do more.
With the support of your gift, we'll be able to:
- Construct residential cottages. Overnight accommodations will give participants the opportunity to intensively work together in a tranquil environment. Our plans include three residences with a total of 27 bedrooms, shared living room spaces, and kitchens.
- Host groups that need a neutral space to engage in discussions but lack the resources to visit POV.
- Create fellowships for students and visiting scholar-practitioners.
- Expand programming, widening the body of advanced knowledge for the field.
- Fund faculty research by enabling interaction with scholars from across the globe.
By supporting the work of Point of View, you become a part of the peace process.
Contact Maria Seniw at 703-993-8763 to arrange a visit to Point of View, and explore our giving and naming opportunities.